Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New lens came today(first pic)
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM

The lens I got so upset over missing delivery yesterday finaly arrived tonight around 6:00pm. So I unwrapped it with all the excitement of LBA. A brand new still in the box K mt Gemini 80-200mm f4.5 with 1 touch macro 1:3. I realize it's not a 100mm Pentax f4 1:1 but I think for now it will serve the perpose. this is one heavy monster 500grams darn near the weight of my DL. well anyway heres the first pic (not very good) Hand held at 150mm f4.5 1/30 ISO200.

Like I said first Pic in failing light hand held.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
Views: 1,825
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like this pic, actually- it's the blur that makes it good! I also like how pretty much only 2 flat colors dominate the picture.

Looks like you've got a hot pixel above the flower, though

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-27-2006, 02:01 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
New lens

HMMMM. I went back in and checked the origional and brought it up to 200% the only thing I could really see is that the flower had some dust on it. I even went out and checked the flower and found a spec of dust on the top pettle. but I could not see any hot pixels visable on the photo. If you can Adam in some way circle the spot. I really don't want to send the camera in for mapping at this point since I have a shoot comming up for a wedding, But then again I can't afford not to have it done if it is a hot pixel. I would need to know in order to clone it at the least.
Thanks for looking and letting me know. Thats why we need to CR other wise we would go on thinking we were the best photographers on earth. (LOL) :=))

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
09-27-2006, 04:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi David:

The hot pixel is approx. 1 inch above the highest point of the flower at 11 o'clock.

Hope this helps.

09-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
New Lens

Hi Tom,
I can't belive it but you are soooooo right. I had to zoom in on the area to 700% to even see it but you were right. Well now that I know it's there I guess I'll have to get the sensor mapped. But I'm going to have to wait untill after the 30th of Oct. to do it. I have too much going on this mounth and next to send it in for service. I hope by the time I send it in to repair. I'll have my new K10D. Then I'll feel a little better about letting it out to play with the Pentax teks. Every time I send it to the shop it missbehaves when I get it home. I guess it likes being Spoiled. (LOL) :=))

Thanks Tom good eye.

Good shooting.
cheers: David