Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Buffalo River Elk
Lens: Pentax K 200/2.5 Camera: Sony NEX 6 Photo Location: Buffalo River, Arkansas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: jcdoss, 05-07-2014, 01:16 PM

One of several photos from a recent trip to north central Arkansas last weekend. The weather was perfect, 65-75 all weekend with a fairly cloud-free sky. These elk are now a fixture of this part of the upper Buffalo, but since it's so early in the season, only myself and one other photo-taker were present... usually there's a small crowd. I'd have liked more length, but it was late evening, and I was running out of time, and light, so I didn't attach my 1.4x TC. I kept the shutter speed high (actually 1/800 according to my EXIF), and rested the camera on a sturdy fencepost. I'm not 100% sure on the aperture, but I don't think I ever closed down past f/4 the whole time. This was taken on a NEX-6 with a Lens Turbo adapter, so it's close to the original field of view of the lens. I wish I had an a7R.
Views: 658