Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
AZ, UT, CO Vacation, Digital Round 1
Lens: Super Takumar 35mm and 135mm, SMC-M 50mm Camera: K-X 
Posted By: fretlessdavis, 05-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the month plus delay from all of my posting, and my distinct lack of photos lately. I still have been doing 80% film, with most of that being Medium Format. Anyways, in the time since my last posting, my girlfriend and I have been on a long, low-budget, epic outdoors road trip. We went everywhere from Navajo National Monument, all the way up to the Flaming Gorge along the Green River, and of course, everywhere inbetween.

We traded cameras back and forth for the trip, shooting with a K-X and an ETRS. Sadly, I left the tripod in our second vehicle, so we didn't shoot any 4x5, nor any slow B&W film. I'll be sending off all of our Provia 100f when we get settled, as well as developing and printing all the HP5+ we shot along the way. We also forgot to charge batteries for the K-X, so we had 2 sets of half-dead batteries; we ended up using an external meter quite a bit.

Anyways, between film and digital (all RAW) we have over 500 images to develop and print. All digital images were shot with a Super Takumar 35mm, Super Takumar 135mm, and SMC-M 50mm.

We just started sorting and editing. Here are a few I've done so far. Let me know what you think!

Views: 569
05-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice set of photos !
05-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks! With how the digital B&W came out, I am incredibly excited for all the 645 HP5+ we shot in Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Most use I've got out of my contrast filters and film I've had in a while=)
05-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #4

Nice shots! Where was the second to last one taken? I have a guess, but I'm curious. It's the type of image (and scene!) that makes me happy inside.

05-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aerlind Quote
Nice shots! Where was the second to last one taken? I have a guess, but I'm curious. It's the type of image (and scene!) that makes me happy inside.
We pulled off the highway on either 62 or 145 on the way up to Telluride... That was the 8th, so we were trying to outrun the storm.
05-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

I thought it looked like southern Colorado! And good job outrunning the storm...it's a bit nasty. Already about an inch or so on the grassy areas in metro Denver...
05-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aerlind Quote
I thought it looked like southern Colorado! And good job outrunning the storm...it's a bit nasty. Already about an inch or so on the grassy areas in metro Denver...
Yeah, it made me a bit sad, we ended up heading back into Arizona a couple days early to stay out of it. We'll be back on the road again tomorrow though, heading the opposite direction.

I looked through some maps, and it was definitely off of Highway 64. 550 was closed between Silverton and Durango, so we went around and over Lizard Head Pass.
05-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #8

Great set of shots!