Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
30 miles of bad road.
Posted By: gifthorse, 05-17-2014, 04:43 PM

It was time for a break so I loaded up and headed out to the desert. After twenty or so miles of pavement the road turned to gravel washboard. Lots of dust so when I got to Bonham ranch some forty miles later so I stopped for a dip in the hot spring.

The water, heavily mineralized, comes out of the ground

and collects in a shallow pool. The temp is warm bathwater and there's no one within forty miles. Ahhhhhh! Back on the road for about five miles to the end of the Smoke Creek desert. It's a good thing there's nobody around. I reek of sulfur from the hot spring!

My kinda campsite!

There's a couple of abandoned buildings.

But inside isn't so nice. I'll sleep outside. With the stars.

A nice full moon and the coyotes yipping. The occasional train passing by woke me just long enough to admire the stars once again.

And then dawn arrives. I think I can handle being around people again. (For a day or two, anyway.)

Views: 565
05-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great series!