Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
SNP Looking foward to it
Posted By: BrendanPK, 04-29-2008, 08:37 AM

Hi all I took a day trip down to SNP (Shenandoah National Park) Sunday to do some scouting. Despite the fog I still had fun and enjoyed the trip away from home. Though I normally am not a big "ooo deer, need a photo" since I see them almost every day I saw this scene and it just struck me right. Stopped and brought out the big gun (FA*300 F2.8) I figured i better use it since I brought it. Anyway here is something you can look forward to seeing if you go. Though usually there is some sun, spring and fall there tends to be allot of fog (which really is just a low-cloud front moving threw)
Link to the gathering is:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events/21324-spring-summer-eas...gathering.html
Hope all you like the pic
thanks

Attached Images

Views: 1,024
04-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot! Fog can bring some cool results. I've been to Shenondoah Nat park and have done a couple of motorcycle trips on Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway. There are always a lot of deer around. A friend hit one on his bike a few years back and got hurt pretty bad. I learned to take it slow and enjoy the ride. Its a really beautiful place.
04-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Bud
Veteran Member

Hey Brendan!

Nice shot... the fog is very cool. Think you can arrange for a little "summer fog" while we're there?

I have a 90% confirmation from my son's buddy, so it looks like there will be 3 in our party... we confirmed in one of the smaller suites, so I think we're all set! Looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks again for putting this together and I hope we get some good numbers from the forums... it'll be fun meeting folks!

Take care,

Bud
04-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Nice shot! Fog can bring some cool results. I've been to Shenondoah Nat park and have done a couple of motorcycle trips on Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway. There are always a lot of deer around. A friend hit one on his bike a few years back and got hurt pretty bad. I learned to take it slow and enjoy the ride. Its a really beautiful place.
Yes its a great place, thats why I picked it for the gathering.
Also yes they have a bunch of deer and one actualy brushed the side of my car sun coming home no damage on my end and could not stop to see its but think it was ok, just startled
I have driven, backpacked day hiked etc. a tone of the park and just love it

04-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Excellent shot, Brendan. Wish I could be part of the upcoming fun.

-Mark