View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Views: 1,958
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Josh, first off I am a rank armature who on occasion showers and then am only an armature Bada Bing .... ok

#1 #2 are good I think #2 is better #1 the horizon is a little tilted. #3 I like looks like crowded place - the picture is busy though not sure where I should be looking. The fruit stand is good a little flash fill might have helped and the last one is just a little dark for me. Rome is an amazing place (my daughter has been) I sure it was a great weekend. Well done.
04-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Presumably, Trevi was shot early evening, with such a blue sky. It is a tight place to get a good "straight" shot.
The Coliseo looks like it was a harsh sun - with a little fill-in it might have been better, but it is TOUGH
At the Fontana della Barcaccia in Piazza di Spagnia, what was the occassion? I notice the wee one having a drink from it and wonder whether that was safe. I remember a few years back when the Romans protested the opening of a McD there.
I think the fruit vendor was a night vehicle vendor - and I agree with Dave, could have used flash.
And finally, what at first I thought was St Peter's, couldn't you have laid the camera down and set it on a timer? I'm sure you can make levels adjustment to this.

Thanks for reminding me how beautiful Rome is. The eternal city is my favourite of all the places I have been to - I have been back so many many times. To heck with Paris, everyone should visit Rome at least once in there life time.

Trevi is definately a great shot.

Last edited by JCSullivan; 04-30-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: spelling
04-30-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Rome Weekend

Thanks for your structured comments. I agree with you, however the night shot of St Peters was taken from a moving bus, the driver could!nt stop. The boy was drinking the fountain water, apparently it is now safe?. Obviously on such a trip I took loads more shots and will try your tip of adjusting the night shot in levels. I am thrilled with the K 10 performance in low light situations, inside church buildings etc, where flash was not allowed and a tripod not practical. I have just returned from this short break and will post some more after tweaking them. Cheers Josh.

05-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

So it WAS St peter's! I missed the obelisk.