Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sigma 100-300mm f/4 EX shot
Posted By: heropsycho, 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Finally got a chance to test out my new acquisition last Friday. AF speed was surprisingly good and it was very well balanced and easy to maneuver when mounted on the monopod. I'm a very happy camper now that I have this lens.

Views: 1,393
05-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice capture. I love the sparks off the knee cap. I am going to send this one to my brother to get him motivated to get his bike ready for the upcoming season. Nice shoot!
05-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
Nice capture. I love the sparks off the knee cap. I am going to send this one to my brother to get him motivated to get his bike ready for the upcoming season. Nice shoot!
Thanks mate. I really appreciate that you think it's good enough to pass on.

It'd make for a wonderful spectacle if all bike racers started using the same knee-sliders as this guy
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sweet shot..

heropsycho,

I am not one for cars and bikes but action I do like... That is one sweet shot.. Great job!!

Thanks for sharin. Kim

05-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey heropsycho,

My brother emailed me back and said that your photo is his current desktop image - he used the words "worthy" & "useful". He once sent me a photo from a Ducati test day at the track (where cycle writers and their riders take motorcycles for a spin and then sneak away to write articles about them, most of them highly subjective or influenced). They were bagging on the new Ducati saying that it was just not much of a machine. Finally the sponsored rider for Ducati had had enough. He got on the bike and showed them all what a decent machine can do under the influence of a good rider. The photo shows the sponsored rider coming around a corner, bike angled, laying hard into the curve, back tire smoking (and not from braking), with the rider using one hand to steer and the other to give the thumbs up. I would imagine that most of the other riders would have snuck away with their tails between their legs. My brother compared your photo to the Ducati photo. I agree, your photo captures the same aggressive spirit of sinking your teeth in a bit deeper as you go for a bigger piece.
Of course you know that we will expect many more "worthy" & "useful" motorcycle photo posts from you.
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top lens & top capture.
Motorsport photography is made to look easy with your shot!
Well done.