Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Quick edits from Hillary Clinton Rally
Posted By: Tyler, 05-03-2008, 11:34 AM

Well I found out about this last night and decided I should go as it would be a fun experience to shoot despite the fact that I absolutely despise Hillary Clinton and everything she is about. Listening to her spew liberal empty promises was just to funny. But I digress.

When I arrived (about 3 hours early haha. she was an hour late to boot) I walked around and took some crowd shots, but then decided it was worth a try to try and get a media pass for the event. Headed over to the media area, showed them my high school paper pass and apparently that was enough for them. Signed a sheet, was handed a pass for the event and I was off. And with that pass, was full access to wherever I wanted to go. All I had to do was show my pass to the Secret Service and they let me past any barriers they had set up. Overall though, it was a great experience. To be able to rub shoulders with the national media and have full access was just so fun especially being 16. Shot about 400 pictures. Now I gotta sort through them. ughh. A few of them will be ran hopefully in two papers.

Here are some quick edits I did just to share.

Views: 2,484
05-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NewportPreacher Quote
Excellent shots! And while I likely agree with you re: Hillary Clinton, please, let's not let this forum be on of those that automatically goes way off topic in talking about politics! Please. Please!

I've left forums before simply because every single thread went into a discussion about politics. And it's not that my skin's thin or that I cannot handle hearing my candidate/position trashed or criticized (and it's certainly not that I cannot defend my positions or give as good as I get), it's that many people cannot talk about these things (at least on the Interwebs, apparently) without becoming bitter, acrimonious & no fun whatsoever.

So, that's my rant & my plea. I stand by it and hope to continue on this forum. There are plenty of forums out there that are specifically about political issues. Besides, isn't this an international forum?
Yeah, I probably should've left politics out of this one, but it was just so tempting
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice shots Tyler, a budding Jimmy Olsen in our midst.
They are all great shots but I especially like number three, you could definitely pin that on a dartboard. Don't you just want to smack her one. LOL
You don't even know
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Great shots, I can't believe you got that close, I know they wouldn't let me that close..lol..lol but after 24 years of a Bush or a Clinton in charge it's time for a change, but the 3 thats running sure ain't much of a choice. Just my rant...
I'm surprised I was let go this close, as well. I don't know how I got the media pass in the first place. My only credentials were my high school newspaper pass!!!

Oh, and I agree about the current 3 choices. My man Fred Thompson is no longer in the race unfortuantely. He was what we need (OK no more politics )
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, she won't thank you for that clarity of wrinkles on her face. Politics accellerates her ageing process for a young age of 60.

Amazing that you could get so close to her!
The amount of wrinkles really surprised me. But I guess she has lived a stressful life.

Thanks guys!

05-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I'm surprised I was let go this close, as well.

1. I don't know how I got the media pass in the first place.
2. My only credentials were my high school newspaper pass!!!
1. You must be WASP. Or at least not olive-skinned.
2. Still a newspaper and the YOUTH vote is above-all.

These are excellent, excellent shots. Well done.