Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I think these closeups are cool, + 2 pic's
Posted By: little laker, 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM

Believe it or not I'll be an assistant wedding photographer next weekend, so we had to scout a few locations out.

While waiting for my partner I took a walk along a nature path, where I took these 2 close up pic's that I personally feel are cool

Then when he finally made it out we went to this waterfall to see if it'd work out for some of the pic's.

And my partner used my Sigma for this test shot.
Sorry for the face, I was thinking at the time

We won't be using the waterfall. The path is too narrow for a group, and there just isn't really enough natural lighting.
We'd need at least ISO400 for a decent shutter speed.
I'm fine with flash, but since I'm not the #1 photographer this time it isn't my choice.
Views: 1,489
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The location looks good and the flower pic is quite classic look there.

When will the wedding shoot going to be?
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks James,

The wedding will be next Saturday. It'll be the first wedding I'll be attending with a camera, and I have my own a couple of weeks later.
So I'm hoping that I'll learn a lot.
05-04-2008, 03:52 AM   #4

Actually I think that's a great location. Since this is not a wedding party or giving rings or telling eachother 'yes', you can have plenty of preparation time and setup your flashes /w brollies and make this as great a shot if you'd like. But as you say, the main photographer is the one choosing such things. Then again, if you shoot weddings but are afraid to use flash, you need to go and learn.

05-04-2008, 04:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

This would be a cool location for a "trash the dress" session.
05-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Very nice Stu I like the first one. I would crop the lower good flower out , then it becomes one blossoming one and one that did not quite make it, kind of a survival of the fittess. Nice waterfall as well. Good luck with the wedding shoot.
05-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, the other photographer will use the location with the couple at a later date. They're having a baby girl in August, and it's a prime location for those photographs

It's a 1/2 hour drive from the wedding, and no one knows how the time will work out. So that's an issue as well.

I don't think that the #1 really needs much help with using a flash. He's the one who got me started in flash photography.
My style is completely different than his, but that's part of the business.

05-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice images of the flowers especially 1. I think Dave's idea is a good one. That's a beautiful location at the waterfall. I can understand though why you don't want to use it for the wedding. Good look with the wedding shoot.

Paul
05-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoy shooting the wedding, Stu!
There are lots of nice backgrounds there.
All the best!
05-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #10
Damn Brit

Nice shots Stu, enjoy the wedding (and of course your own in two weeks).
Gary
05-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Lovely Flowers...

The flowers are beautiful Stu... The yellows are just perfect... I actually like #2 the best since they grouped alittle closer together and are more evenly sized... but that is just 2 cents..

The waterfall seems very nice, but getting an entire wedding party there may be tough... sometimes it is hard enough to get everyone to a basic thing like a church let alone a semi secluded waterfall..

Good luck next week.. I am sure you will just fine... and will do great at your first wedding in a couple weeks!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I don't think that the #1 really needs much help with using a flash. He's the one who got me started in flash photography.
My style is completely different than his, but that's part of the business.
That is the good part about the photography business... Everyone is just a bit different and unique.... I am sure you and your partner compliment each other well.. and will do an outstanding job on Saturday.