Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Baseball
Lens: Tokina 100-300/5.6 Camera: K5ii Photo Location: Safeco Field 
Posted By: troika, 06-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Some shots from left field on Sunday night:

Strike!!!!!

Overall, a great way to spend Father's Day with my boy.

Views: 955
06-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent! Looks like you had some decent seats. I went to Safeco Field for my first time this year - and they happened to be playing the Texas Rangers like they are here. I grew up in Texas and have lived in Seattle so I wasn't quite sure I wanted to win. Was the top open? It was closed for the game I saw. I'm a SF Giants fan now, of course, because I live in San Francisco. What a great way to spend Father's Day. Thanks for posting these.
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I also grew up in Dallas. My father and I were lifetime Rangers fans. It was tough on Father's Day not to cheer for them, but my boy was with me and he's a Seattlite, so we root root root for the home team. The last few years, we've thrown ourselves behind the Rangers late in the season as they make their playoff run. I keep hoping they'll win the World Series so I can take a momento to my dad's grave.

The roof was closed, which forced my ISO up and my shutter speed down a little and kept me from stopping down as much as I would have liked. I was also shooting with a $40 lens, but it holds it's own pretty well, though it would do better at F8.

Thanks for the compliments. I hope to get back for more games and will post more photos.
06-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
I also grew up in Dallas. My father and I were lifetime Rangers fans. It was tough on Father's Day not to cheer for them, but my boy was with me and he's a Seattlite, so we root root root for the home team.
Full disclosure, it wasn't very crowded at the game and I found myself migrating toward Texas fans so I guess I chose my team after all.

06-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I like the pics! What kind of lens did you use? I am always worried about not getting into a game with too long of a lens.

Also, I'm pretty sure those were taken from right field.
06-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah, I've never sat that close to the foul pole before. It's a nice perspective. The ball rattled around in that corner a few times during the game, which made it a pretty good seat.

The lens is a Tokina 100-300/5.6 manual focus zoom. They checked all the bags and I also had my MX, which he commented on. No problems.