Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
The Great Escape
Lens: FA 31 Camera: K-01 Photo Location: PSL ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: LeRolls, 06-16-2014, 04:32 PM

Had this idea bouncing around in my head for a little while now. Decided to go B&W and a little more stylized to try and emphasize the drama/storytelling. Feedback is always appreciated.


Views: 922
06-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Jimbo's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maple Ridge BC Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,368
Interesting concept. I like the lines on the one free standing at the top of the image. at first I thought they on a spring high up but they now look to be on the ground. Were these suppose to represent the guards? Interesting Art. JIM
06-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Tako Kichi's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: SW Ontario, Canada (ex-pat Brit)
Posts: 1,194
A very interesting project that is well done with a menacing feel to it.

As the title is 'The Great Escape' I can only presume that the small clothes pins are escaping the large clothes pins by climbing the rope. However, I can also see it as the small clothes pins descending the rope to take on the large clothes pin aggressors.

Either concept works for me.
06-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Interesting concept. I like the lines on the one free standing at the top of the image. at first I thought they on a spring high up but they now look to be on the ground. Were these suppose to represent the guards? Interesting Art. JIM
Thanks. Yes, basically guards or just the opposing force attempting to stop the escape.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
A very interesting project that is well done with a menacing feel to it.

As the title is 'The Great Escape' I can only presume that the small clothes pins are escaping the large clothes pins by climbing the rope. However, I can also see it as the small clothes pins descending the rope to take on the large clothes pin aggressors.

Either concept works for me.
I am also fine with either interpretation. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

06-17-2014, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
The pins are loose ! Well executed.
06-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
The pins are loose ! Well executed.
Yes, they are! Thanks!
06-17-2014, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian
scratchpaddy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,775
It's a really clever idea, and your execution of it is just perfect! I love it.
06-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 961
Crazy cool. What an interesting place the inside of your head must be.

06-18-2014, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
It's a really clever idea, and your execution of it is just perfect! I love it.
Thank you kindly!

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Crazy cool. What an interesting place the inside of your head must be.
Much appreciated! I have often felt that the only thing of true value that I posses has been my imagination. It's gotten me through many a dark time in my life.
06-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,487
Excellent. Well done, well designed, well processed. Kudos.
06-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #11
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Excellent. Well done, well designed, well processed. Kudos.
Thank you for your kind words!
07-01-2018, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Prague
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,913
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Had this idea bouncing around in my head for a little while now. Decided to go B&W and a little more stylized to try and emphasize the drama/storytelling. Feedback is always appreciated.

This is done very well!
07-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 49,939
I spent ages looking for your trademark scantily clad young ladies.

I almost feel cheated.
07-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #14
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,220
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
This is done very well!
Thank you. Been awhile since I shot this or anything like it. Kind of miss those days.
10-01-2019, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,033
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thank you. Been awhile since I shot this or anything like it. Kind of miss those days.
You know my opinion. The ladies are interesting but your creative landscape work is superb.

Thread zombie strikes...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature the Great Escape Bob Harris Post Your Photos! 10 07-30-2013 02:31 PM
the great escape ovim Monthly Photo Contests 1 08-31-2011 02:31 AM
Black & White The great escape vinni Post Your Photos! 11 07-06-2011 03:15 PM
Macro The Escape eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 01-30-2011 04:52 PM
Brighton Great Escape festival Christian Post Your Photos! 3 05-24-2007 10:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top