Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jer, It Wasn't My Birthday.....
Camera: Fuji X20 Photo Location: Texas 
Posted By: Rupert, 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM

I wanted it, but it wasn't my birthday. Mrs Rupert reminded me she bought me the Toy Car I wanted last year.....
I had a Granny like her when I was young too...so I do understand. Our oldest grandson is the apple of her eye, I understand that too!

It'll probably run circles around my little TT. But....I do have a back seat, of course, it is for people with no legs!

No one can put a smile on Mrs Rupert's face like Jeffrey....and she does pretty good at putting a smile on his face too!

Regards!
Views: 906
06-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Let me get this straight. You didn't buy this car? You did buy this car? This is not your garage? It's not your birthday? I'm confused, but nice pictures anyway.

Larry
06-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, didn't you read the new Porsche ad, trade your wife in and drive today. Act fast Rupert.
06-20-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice photos, my friend - a great pic of Mrs. Ruppert and Jeffrey: you can certainly see the resemblance. When I was growing up, the good stuff came at Christmas, on my birthday or after a dentist appointment. At other times, wheedling for a new toy was a very tough sell.

That Cayman is essentially the hardtop version of the Boxster - both have the same mid-engine set up. A terrific car, but you're already sitting pretty with that cool little TT. I hope that shifting foot is doing its job properly.

Jer

06-20-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sweet car and nice family pic. That is a bit more upscale than my Subaru Outback Imprezza . . . then again, I can go pretty much anywhere I want in any kind of weather.
06-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's great. You will have a lot of fun with that car. Congrats.
06-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BlackTalon Quote
That's great. You will have a lot of fun with that car. Congrats.
Wish it was mine! It was Jeffrey's birthday and it went to him.....I got the car of my choice last year. Mrs Rupert bought mine for me too! Me and Jeffrey really love Mrs Rupert....not hard to understand why, is it!

My little TT....still the most fun car I have ever owned....although my test drive of the Cayman was pretty exciting! I'm not too keen on white cars...but I do love silver! Jeffrey...he wanted white...better than black, but still shows dirt faster than silver.

Regards!

06-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Wish it was mine! It was Jeffrey's birthday and it went to him.....I got the car of my choice last year. Mrs Rupert bought mine for me too! Me and Jeffrey really love Mrs Rupert....not hard to understand why, is it!

My little TT....still the most fun car I have ever owned....although my test drive of the Cayman was pretty exciting! I'm not too keen on white cars...but I do love silver! Jeffrey...he wanted white...better than black, but still shows dirt faster than silver.

Regards!
Hey, Rupert -

Welcome Jeffrey into the Porsche world for me - I'm betting he'll enjoy that Cayman; is it manual or PDK?

However, I'm with you on colors - silver works so well on sports cars (as you know, I'm biased ), and that TT looks like a sweetie, indeed. Maybe we can get together someday and cruise (and bar hop) through the Hill Country.

Jer