Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
A Rescue Story
Posted By: tessfully, 06-22-2014, 04:23 AM

Two stories I thought worth sharing.

My uncle took early retirement in his late 40s to take care of my grandparents. My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and my pop wasn't going to be able to handle everything they needed to survive, living in the bush outside a small town. My uncle also rescued a dog around the time he retired, a big german shorthaired pointer. Well, at the beginning of the second decade as sole caregiver of this aging household, they all passed away one by one, and last Christmas after Rufus the dog died my uncle found himself completely alone.

Two years ago the dog who would later be named Buster and his litter mates were put in a green garbage bag and thrown into the dumpster. Someone found the bag and Buster is the only pup that survived. He was adopted by a couple who two years later divorced and neither wanted him or their other dog, a black lab. Buster and the lab were sent to a rescue and the lab was adopted out first. After his friend left Buster went into severe depression and had to be put on anti-anxiety meds. He was in the rescue for three months till my uncle heard about him.

They met, my uncle took him home, and they have been connected at the hip ever since.

This week I met up with them for a hike. Here are some photos from the day. Buster is an amazing dog!!!

Views: 1,816
06-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I have many friends who have crossed over too. They visit me in my dreams!
They will, if they visited you in person you might get a little freaked out. I know my granddad is looking after batty for me util it's my time to come over, she's happy and with other dogs.