Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 future prop's
Posted By: little laker, 05-04-2008, 04:03 PM

I'm lucky enough to have an uncle living within walking distance from my house. Whom just happens to own these 2 pieces of Vintage Iron

1957 Chevy Bel air convertible

Some 1932 Chevy Rumble Seat Convertible

Here's my uncle driving the 32 Chev

I'm allowed to use both cars as props in the future. Now I just need the models for them, dressed in period clothing

I will be photographing my aunt and uncle with the 57 sometime soon, and doing up a poster for their 50th wedding anniversary

And this was just a car at his house for a while today I also liked.

Views: 1,857
05-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Nice Stu, I take it when you say 'future props' that you are waiting for the warmer weather so you can drape a couple of bikini clad girls over them.
And you're getting married in two weeks. Shame on you. LOL

Gary
05-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sweet cars.....

Those are some SWEET cars Stu...

The Rumble seat is one of my favorite old time cars... The pics turned out great!!!! They will make some great props for you in the future....

Thanks for sharin.. Kim
05-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice Stu, I take it when you say 'future props' that you are waiting for the warmer weather so you can drape a couple of bikini clad girls over them.
And you're getting married in two weeks. Shame on you. LOL

Gary
Sorry Gary, I'll be photographing a wedding. I've been busy with everything lately and must have expressed myself wrong.

As much as I'd love to have bikini clad girls pose with them I don't know if my uncle would really like that.

I was thinking more in the lines of getting a couple of children dressed to look like they're from the era's and act like a couple.

I'd like most of the pic's to look like they were taken back then.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Those are some SWEET cars Stu...

The Rumble seat is one of my favorite old time cars... The pics turned out great!!!! They will make some great props for you in the future....

Thanks for sharin.. Kim
Thanks Kim

I converted 2 of them to B&W, and actuality like the results.

05-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

love them...

Love the conversions Stu... Very well done..

I esspecially like the 1st one of the 32 Chevy Rumble Seat.... the black and white definately helps date them a bit...

Thanks for sharin them.... Great job as always...

Kim
05-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Those are some really nice cars Stu. I really like the last one converted to B&W. Very cool.
05-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Sorry Gary, I'll be photographing a wedding. I've been busy with everything lately and must have expressed myself wrong.
Well Stu, I'm feeling mischievous tonight so I'm going to keep this going a bit longer. Here's what you said in the other thread: "The wedding will be next Saturday. It'll be the first wedding I'll be attending with a camera, and I have my own a couple of weeks later.
So I'm hoping that I'll learn a lot."

Does this mean you're calling off the wedding and breaking some girls heart?

I like the conversions also except that I didn't notice the guys arm in the color version but it really stands out in the conversion. Put him out of our misery and crop it off. LOL
Gary

05-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well she heard me praying to the Sun Gods for perfect light, and to the Camera Gods for more wisdom and thought that I was possessed leaving me.

Or is that Obsessed with photography

I've got some work that I must get done tonight, but will probably get that crop done by morning.
I'm not that fond of the reflections in that car as well. I didn't notice them in the colour version, but really do in the B&W version.
05-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
Damn Brit

well she heard me praying to the Sun Gods for perfect light, and to the Camera Gods for more wisdom and thought that I was possessed leaving me.

Or is that Obsessed with photography
Mischief over. LOL
05-05-2008, 06:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I converted 2 of them to B&W, and actuality like the results.
Really nice pics!

I think this pic would look super cool if you could get your uncle dressed up in a 1930's looking suit and hat and have him remove the plates on the front of the car (I find them anachronistic). A black and white & artificially aged pic would be nifty! Check out Cars+Trucks | Shorpy :: History in HD for inspiration.

I'm sure he'd love getting a "period" photo of him and his car.

Pat
05-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice work Stu.
The B&W conversions have worked nicely.

The only thing I can really say about them is that a CP may have aided in some of these shots ... just to try and reduce some of the blown sky ... and some of the highly reflective serfaces.

It is hard trying to shoot highly polished vehicles in bright sunlight though.