Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
B&B
Posted By: joip, 06-26-2014, 10:18 AM

Was just looking through my shots from the other day and I noticed there was a butterfly AND a bee in this shot. Had I seen this before the shot I probably would have messed it up. Nice surprise for me!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Views: 889
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Love the way they share flowers.
06-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love this shot with the colors Joi, really a nice catch accident or not.
06-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Love the way they share flowers.
Imagine if they didn't! And it's interesting how they just buzz/fly around each other as they go about their day - always seeming to be happy!

---------- Post added 06-27-14 at 10:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love this shot with the colors Joi, really a nice catch accident or not.
Thanks Bob!. I'm not sure where you are in Colorado but if you're near the Rocky Mountain National Wildlife Refuge in Denver you might enjoy spending a little time there in the early morning or at sunset. There are ponds, mountain views, nesting eagles, owls and many other birds and buffalo, coyote, deer, fox & other critters. There's a loop you can drive but you can also park and hike a bit for better scenery. A nice way to spend a few hours.

06-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Bob!. I'm not sure where you are in Colorado but if you're near the Rocky Mountain National Wildlife Refuge in Denver you might enjoy spending a little time there in the early morning or at sunset. There are ponds, mountain views, nesting eagles, owls and many other birds and buffalo, coyote, deer, fox & other critters. There's a loop you can drive but you can also park and hike a bit for better scenery. A nice way to spend a few hours.

thanks for the information Joi, we stayed at the park a couple of years ago in the Rocky Mountains, but this must be a different location. We are staying in Falcon Colorado.
06-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote

thanks for the information Joi, we stayed at the park a couple of years ago in the Rocky Mountains, but this must be a different location. We are staying in Falcon Colorado.
It's not the park. This place used to be an arsenal and they transformed it into a conservation area. It's on the east side of Denver and from Falcon it's about a 1 1/2 hour drive. You can take 83 if you don't like the major roads. If you're interested look up Rocky Mountain Arsenal. Interesting place. Also there's the Colorado Wildlife Sanctuary that;s supposed to be pretty amazing.
06-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thanks so much, I'll take a look, kids and grands take up a lot of our time, but maybe we can fit it in this trip, if not then next.

06-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #8

Amazing and so beautiful. Well done!
06-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Korg Quote
Amazing and so beautiful. Well done!
Thank you so much Korg!
07-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Was just looking through my shots from the other day and I noticed there was a butterfly AND a bee in this shot. Had I seen this before the shot I probably would have messed it up. Nice surprise for me!
Peacefully coexisting.