Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Kupala in the Perun Temple
Lens: Pentax 16-50*/2.8 Camera: Pentax K20D Photo Location: Russia, URAL 
Posted By: suro, 06-26-2014, 10:42 AM

The summer Solstice festival at the House of Perun, near the village of Taborie

Kupala - the great Slavic holiday, dedicated to the Summer Solstice. This is the time when the Sun is at its strongest when the longest day is adjacent to the shortest night in the year.

It is a magical time when the Father-the Sky is combined with the Mother of the Damp Earth, Fire - Water, and the Husband - Wife, when in the Hearts of people blooms wonderful Kupala Flower - Fireflower, and all Nature sings his song of Love...

This is the most joyful time of the year, but also a little sad, because after Yanka Kupala the Sun begins to roll down and the day is on the decline.

Views: 1,302
06-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool.... it reminds me of something a Native Amercan elder once said to me...

QuoteQuote:
Before the Romans and Christianity, the people of Europe had the same traditions we have.
IN the eighth picture.... it's good to see your people still have their drums... and it looks pretty much the same as mine.
06-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Very cool.... it reminds me of something a Native Amercan elder once said to me....
It is true. Before christian - people worshipped visible powers of nature, it were cults of life (sun's cults). Christian, Jewish and Muslim's cults -is cults of the death (moon's cults)