Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Something a bit different
Posted By: rmtagg, 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM

so am I carzy? Thoughts on this pic. Like? Dis like?/ Why either way??? Comments appreciated

Views: 2,189
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Damn Brit

That is really cool Rosemary. Love it.
Gary
ps. still waiting for that phone number. lol
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I do like it. It works compositionally, and the subject matter is curious. "What's that frilly dress hopping logs in the woods?"

It needs something tho. Like more 'weight' in the lower right corner. This could be accomplished with something more interesting than the green field, or an expanse of green field. (field in this context being any expanse of color)

Part of the visual interest in the picture is the juxtaposition of the skirt in this environment. But in the square format it's too overwhelming in the composition. Too 'top heavy' for my taste anyway.

But no, I do think it's a visually interesting picture -- and I don't bother commenting on too many picture posts. I don't think you're crazy

Also, on a minor note, the eye is drawn to the hand, and it looks a little blown out.

Quick and dirty 'shop to test my theory:

Last edited by konraDarnok; 06-24-2008 at 01:12 PM.
05-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
That is really cool Rosemary. Love it.
Gary
ps. still waiting for that phone number. lol

Lol, I don't think her husband would like if I gave out her phone #, lol

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
I do like it. It works compositionally, and the subject matter is curious. "What's that frilly dress hopping logs in the woods?"

It needs something tho. Like more 'weight' in the lower right corner. This could be accomplished with something more interesting than the green field, or an expanse of green field. (field in this context being any expanse of color)

Part of the visual interest in the picture is the juxtaposition of the skirt in this environment. But in the square format it's too overwhelming in the composition. Too 'top heavy' for my taste anyway.

But no, I do think it's a visually interesting picture -- and I don't bother commenting on too many picture posts. I don't think you're crazy

Also, on a minor note, the eye is drawn to the hand, and it looks a little blown out.

Quick and dirty 'shop to test my theory:
It very well could be her skin looks blown out. She has an issue with collagen in her skin and it makes her sort of glow. She is very difficult to photograph and so far I seem to be doing the best job at it, lol. So do you think a wider or taller version would work better?

I thank both of you very much for your input

05-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

interesting image, since I'm more into people photog I would ask for a little more of the person. The hand gets my interrest also.

the dress and wood is werry interresting since the are werry contrasting.
05-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
interesting image, since I'm more into people photog I would ask for a little more of the person. The hand gets my interrest also.

the dress and wood is werry interresting since the are werry contrasting.
Thank you
05-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Fea Forest

Very interesting, my first thought was of trying to catch a Fairy in the forest.

The still quite peace of the forest contrasted by the quick and colorful movements of a Fairy.

DEVS

05-09-2008, 04:43 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Interesting composition!

What do think about having a dropped off white high heel shoe down in the clover, right corner?

- Bert
05-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
so am I carzy? Thoughts on this pic. Like? Dis like?/ Why either way??? Comments appreciated
I like it, but maybe not as a stand-alone work? devs66 mentions the "catching a fairy" theme and I really think it fits here. I'm thinking, and I may be totally daft, a series on this theme would be really quite good. Each shot only catching a "glimpse" of the model, different parts of her in each shot, so you have to put them all together to "catch her" in her entirety.

No idea if that makes sense at all, but sounds like a fun shoot.
05-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Artistic shot and love that contrast between colourful skirt and the natural log. Good composition there. You got a very good eye for things around you
05-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

How about just showing the skirt with a bit of the feet showing? Leads the eye more than the hand.
05-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, some very cool and interesting feedback! A series does seem very possible and I love the idea. It does sort of remind me of a fairy so that is a cool idea too. Love the shoe idea. funny thing is shoot was totally on the fly and unexpected, lol So with some pre planning I can see some really interesting results And I think I will have to see if I can make this happen soon Thank you everyone
05-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to agree about the 'fairy in the woods' idea. And I love the composition as it is. But I do think a series would be stunning.

NaCl(more! we want more!)H2O
05-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I have to agree about the 'fairy in the woods' idea. And I love the composition as it is. But I do think a series would be stunning.

NaCl(more! we want more!)H2O
Well I have talked to Ms Fairy Princess and we will be doing more shots like this soon