Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Great Camera... even the kids can do it
Lens: Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro Camera: Pentax K30 Photo Location: Adelaide, SA ISO: 12800 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: frangutz, 07-06-2014, 05:55 PM

Hi,

was playing with the camera tonight. We've had it for a while, but I have never sat down to get the settings right. Flash photos never came out good. In fact, I took some at a function today and had to delete most of them as they were terrible (and embarrassing....). So it was "play with the camera time..."

Tonight we were experimenting with low light, flash, and no flash photos - different ISO settings, etc.

My daughter wanted to try the camera, and she snapped a photo of her brother! For a 6 year old, I thought she did well....

My son (8 yo) had to snap some as well (of his sister and his planes).

I thought that for low light levels (a couple of wall mounted halogens and the tv running), and with the ISO/aperture/shutter speed, the photos came out pretty good (a little grainy).

What a great camera!

=F.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 1,034
07-07-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. Kids seem to have a natural talent for composition.
07-07-2014, 12:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Not bad and that ISO will be a bit grainy so you did well.
07-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #4

Original Poster
thanks for the positive feedback. They are doing better than dad....

07-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frangutz Quote
thanks for the positive feedback. They are doing better than dad....
I taught my wife everything I know, so she got some lessons from somewhere, she is better than I am.