Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Forgot about this
Lens: DA 50 -200 mm Camera: K100D Photo Location: San Francisco, CA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: pixie, 07-08-2014, 10:42 PM

I went through some old files tonight. I came across this one from almost 7 years ago. I had the K100D then and the 50-200 mm DA lens then. We watched the Blue Angels performance at the annual SF Fleet Week from a high rise building above the waterfront. I like to think the shot is good, at full scale you can see the lead pilot's looking straight ahead, while the other three are "flying the paint", looking at the aircraft above them. This was shot JPG with just minimal PP, slight crop. Looking at it, I should have never sold the lens. I need to get something longer again, my current longest setup is the FA 135/2.8 and a Tamron 1.4x TC.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 

Last edited by pixie; 07-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Views: 892
07-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
200mm is not the longest lens for aircraft - especially fast ones. Good one.
07-10-2014, 12:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Glad you liked it
07-26-2018, 05:42 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pixie Quote
I went through some old files tonight. I came across this one from almost 7 years ago. I had the K100D then and the 50-200 mm DA lens then. We watched the Blue Angels performance at the annual SF Fleet Week from a high rise building above the waterfront. I like to think the shot is good, at full scale you can see the lead pilot's looking straight ahead, while the other three are "flying the paint", looking at the aircraft above them. This was shot JPG with just minimal PP, slight crop. Looking at it, I should have never sold the lens. I need to get something longer again, my current longest setup is the FA 135/2.8 and a Tamron 1.4x TC.
Perfectly arranged!

07-26-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
Pentaxian

55-300mm PLM is said to be a good inexpensive lens if you have a recent camera body
08-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixie Quote
It is good, and even more impressive you did so well with the gear you had back then!