Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-30=Miracle Camera....
Posted By: magkelly, 07-16-2014, 11:52 PM

K-30 plus Sigma 28-105 UCIII shots taken in the freaking dark practically. Only the light from my monitor and a pretty dim little LCD desk lamp. No flash, nearly no post processing other than resizing and making jpegs for web. I think this lens was like all of $25 as I recall. I thought it was awful on the K7. It faired slightly better on the K-x but on the K30 it's like having a whole other lens. I never could have done this till now. I freakin LOVE my K-30. I totally want like six of these brilliant little cameras. I ever get stinking rich I'm buying one in every cool color I can get my hands on, seriously, laugh...

Website I had open in my browser. (I was checking out shots taken with the 18-55WR.)

Tape roll on my desk. (Under my desk now. Loki swatted it under there right after I took this pic...lol)

Jar trap on my bookcase that's there to catch flies, which we inevitably have tons of in Summer...sigh...

Yowza! (and this is the "crap" lens) What I could probably do with this camera and a decent lens, the idea boggles the mind. I badly want the 55/ 100mm DA* primes now. This camera deserves them! :P

Last edited by magkelly; 07-17-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Views: 641
07-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yes I have one, a great little camera, why they remade it into a K50 I'll never understand, .... Black on Black suits me ok.
cheers
07-17-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I don't either. Nothing against the K-50 but to me it looks like just about every other DSLR camera out there, even in colors. The K-30 is a love it or hate it camera, that's for sure. I'd guess it was too daring for some and didn't sell as well? Who knows? I'm glad they made it though. I'm not kidding about getting a few more. I want plenty of backups for this one. I can see truly myself using this camera till I croak. I haven't fallen this hard for a camera since I first got my own SPII. I thought the K-x was pretty great too, but this camera just totally beats it.