Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
more kid's sports...
Posted By: timbo13, 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM

here's my 9 year old playing baseball. Dusk came on during the game so not much in the way of action shots

waiting for his turn at bat:

base hit!

last inning:

thanks for looking

Tim
Views: 1,551
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tim that first image is good. It imparts the mood of your son waiting on the bench. Nine years old is a good age for baseball. They somehow have a whole different approach to the game that they will most times lose as they grow older.
05-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Tim that first image is good. It imparts the mood of your son waiting on the bench. Nine years old is a good age for baseball. They somehow have a whole different approach to the game that they will most times lose as they grow older.
thank you, that's just what I liked about it too. I agree, it's a good age for baseball, I enjoy watching his games.

Tim
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Even though the third one is a bit fuzzy, I like the way he's all ready to play but seems to be watching the sunset instead.

Last year, when my twins were playing t-ball, I remember several times looking out at the bunch of them on the field and every kid would be facing a different direction, none of them toward the batter, all distracted by something else around them. They're so funny.

05-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Even though the third one is a bit fuzzy, I like the way he's all ready to play but seems to be watching the sunset instead.

Last year, when my twins were playing t-ball, I remember several times looking out at the bunch of them on the field and every kid would be facing a different direction, none of them toward the batter, all distracted by something else around them. They're so funny.
thanks. I just missed the focus on that one, I was behind the 3rd base coach who liked to move around, and it was only a moment that the shot was there. If I had remembered, I could have increased my ISO and gotten a little more DOF.

my 5 year old played t-ball last year (and will again this year) and I know exactly what you're talking about!