Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Blast From the Past
Posted By: old4570, 07-24-2014, 06:14 AM

Wow - Took a trip in the way back machine ....
So here are some of my posts from the past ....
Views: 1,072
07-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That....is....amazing!
08-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by old4570 Quote

Wow - Took a trip in the way back machine ....
So here are some of my posts from the past ....
This may sound stupid but how do you get the insects that up close? Are they dead or do you cool them down so they don't move much?
08-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hmmmm

QuoteOriginally posted by maxxxx Quote
This may sound stupid but how do you get the insects that up close? Are they dead or do you cool them down so they don't move much?
Well , I walk around , spot a subject , and come in for the shot .
Depending on how nervous the subject is , they may or may not hang around for a photo ...

I dont freeze or capture or take pictures of dead insects , I try to stress them as little as possible ... Just this morning I had a spider panic , and it jumped off the plant it was on to escape being photographed ...
Some insects dont mind , others do . I guess in nature its eat or be eaten , so I guess that would make me a very big prospective hungry something . ( to an insect )

How:

Macro photography ...

Essentially you use a lens that can close focus ( you get in real close ) with enough magnification to do the subject justice ..
ATM I am playing with a 2x Tele Macro adapter :
This doubles the magnification of the lens , and allows for even closer focus ..
This morning I was out with a 100mm lens ..
With the Tele converter and crop factor , that would be around 250mm , which is a lot ...
I find about 200mm to be the maximum you want for a MAcro lens , any more it becomes very difficult to hand hold ( No tripod )

Here is a picture of the spider before it jumped ..
Its very soft , as at 250mm there is just too much movement , and being hand held , I just cant stop moving ...

08-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Update :

A few hours latter I had a look , and the spider was back .. I havent bothered it since it tried to commit suicide ....