Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Stanford
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K3 ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: ruggiex, 07-24-2014, 11:57 PM

Haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd share a photo and get some feedback. I just happen to have my camera on me while walking around on the Stanford campus. Usually there are a lot of people around, but just for split second, they were all behind the columns. Quickly dialed down the aperture, I was able to get this shot. Glad the DA* did not flare too badly and I think I'm okay with what's left in the frame. I'd probably remove the little one toward the bottom of the frame if I actually saw it while editing.

Views: 1,617
07-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the shot, the composition & exposure just right, to be honest I didn't notice the small flair until you mentioned it and I looked for it. I found my eye being drawn down into darker sections on the left.
cheers
07-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
I like the shot, the composition & exposure just right, to be honest I didn't notice the small flair until you mentioned it and I looked for it. I found my eye being drawn down into darker sections on the left.
cheers
Thanks! Yea I honest didn't notice it until a week after I have already shared with a bunch of people else where.
07-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It's a great shot love the sun and shadows.

07-27-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'm a sucker for these kind of shots, well done on the people free front.
07-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
It's a great shot love the sun and shadows.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm a sucker for these kind of shots, well done on the people free front.
Thanks for the compliment!
07-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree, that is a nice shot. Great timing to be people free but get the sun just off the column.
DW

07-30-2014, 05:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Very nice... I love that little patch of green down at the end of the columns...
07-30-2014, 07:15 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a delightful photo - great shot, great eye. I love to roam the Stanford campus; my daughter and son-in-law were postdocs there before taking professorships in New England last year, so I've photographed this same progression of arches - but my shots weren't this good.

Super job.

Jer
07-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice composition and image. If you hadn't mentioned it the flare would probably have gone unnoticed.
07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dwalker19 Quote
I agree, that is a nice shot. Great timing to be people free but get the sun just off the column.
DW
Ty!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Very nice... I love that little patch of green down at the end of the columns...
Oo cool. I have seen this scene so many times that I have became oblivious to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a delightful photo - great shot, great eye. I love to roam the Stanford campus; my daughter and son-in-law were postdocs there before taking professorships in New England last year, so I've photographed this same progression of arches - but my shots weren't this good.

Super job.

Jer
Awesome, congrats to them. The campus is something else during golden hour.

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Very nice composition and image. If you hadn't mentioned it the flare would probably have gone unnoticed.
Yea it took me a while to explain to my wife what I was looking at when I showed it to her...
07-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I love leading lines and this is a superb example! Very nice, indeed!

Dewman
SW Idaho
07-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
Haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd share a photo and get some feedback. I just happen to have my camera on me while walking around on the Stanford campus. Usually there are a lot of people around, but just for split second, they were all behind the columns. Quickly dialed down the aperture, I was able to get this shot. Glad the DA* did not flare too badly and I think I'm okay with what's left in the frame. I'd probably remove the little one toward the bottom of the frame if I actually saw it while editing.

Just the right time.
08-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I love the starburst here, it's a magnificent shot
11-30-2018, 07:40 AM   #15
Pentaxian

beautiful