Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Old Kodak Tri X Portrait
Lens: M 100mm 2.8 Camera: Pentax Super A Photo Location: Home ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: crabby, 07-29-2014, 07:50 PM

Recently bought a slide and negative scanner to see what I had that I could store on my computer.. I came across this B & W portrait I took of my sister Melanie using Kodak Tri X 400. From memory tried to give it the old "Hollywood" look with a two flash set up, and the only special effect was to stretch a black stocking over the front of the lens. Makes me regret selling my old Super A and the M 100mm 2.8 lens I used. To this day I regard that lens as a little gem.

Last edited by crabby; 08-25-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Views: 867
07-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree crabby.

All of my best shots of my children came from my old MX with the M 100/2.8.

It was one of my all-time favourite lenses and the only one I regret selling.

I replaced it with an A 100/2.8 macro thinking I would get the best of both the macro and portrait worlds.

The macro is fantastic and while it is good as a portrait lens there was just something special about the M 100/2.8.

Tom G
07-30-2014, 05:41 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
I agree crabby.

All of my best shots of my children came from my old MX with the M 100/2.8.

It was one of my all-time favourite lenses and the only one I regret selling.

I replaced it with an A 100/2.8 macro thinking I would get the best of both the macro and portrait worlds.

The macro is fantastic and while it is good as a portrait lens there was just something special about the M 100/2.8.

Tom G
Yes Tom, I think you summed it up perfectly with " there was something special about the M 100/2.8". We can commiserate together! I decided to sell of all my film gear as I found the M lenses too fiddly to use with my K30 & K-01. I sold them to a fella who was still heavily into film and I know he was going to get a lot of enjoyment from them.
Now I am struggling to find something in this digital era to match the M 100/2.8, without spending big bucks.

Cheers
Craig