Ready

Acquiring target

Launch missile

Now what?

How about i dry off?

Views: 943
07-31-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Great story Norm and it looks like that pup of yours is growing like a weed!
08-01-2014, 05:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Great story Norm and it looks like that pup of yours is growing like a weed!
She's gone from a little round ball of fur to a half grown border collie. And she's gotten unbelievably precocious. She's either asleep or theres some trouble going on somewhere. She was supposed to the the calm one of the litter. We was hoodwinked.
08-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

LOL, funny how that happens but there's lots of time for her to calm down.

In the litter our English Springer came from the female runt was a real feisty one, always picking fights with her larger siblings and trying to be the alpha and she grew up to be the calmest of the lot. Ours was one of the two largest males (both were much larger than the rest and the breeder nicknamed them 'Bear 1' and 'Bear 2') and we are still waiting for him to get his 'adult brain' five years later! He's not too bad inside the house but even though we live on a 2 acre lot with lots of space we can't take him outside off-leash as his hunting instinct is so strong that the moment he sees a squirrel, rabbit or feral cat he's off like a rocket and goes deaf to all commands.

08-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
LOL, funny how that happens but there's lots of time for her to calm down.

In the litter our English Springer came from the female runt was a real feisty one, always picking fights with her larger siblings and trying to be the alpha and she grew up to be the calmest of the lot. Ours was one of the two largest males (both were much larger than the rest and the breeder nicknamed them 'Bear 1' and 'Bear 2') and we are still waiting for him to get his 'adult brain' five years later! He's not too bad inside the house but even though we live on a 2 acre lot with lots of space we can't take him outside off-leash as his hunting instinct is so strong that the moment he sees a squirrel, rabbit or feral cat he's off like a rocket and goes deaf to all commands.
You wouldn't want to bringing him up here where I live. There's deer, moose, bear and wolves... the last three of which could be a serious danger to a dog. Especially for the wolves, they've been known to lure a chasing dog back to the pack, and then take him out with superior numbers. They do the same with coyotes.

Returning on command is pretty essential, around here. This puppy already has it down pretty good. Unfortunately the one who's the worst is the old guy Dreamer. He gets so hurt chasing rabbits and grouse in the bush, it takes him days to recover,
08-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #6

I love it! Great story told in the pictures!
08-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
Closed Account

Very nice series !

08-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A well captured series for all Dog Lovers.
08-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by penguinsoda Quote
I love it! Great story told in the pictures!
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Very nice series !
Thanks for commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A well captured series for all Dog Lovers.
We have to keep the dog lovers happy.... it's our duty.