Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The times they are a-changin'
Lens: Vivitar/Kiron 70-150 Close Focus Camera: K-30 Photo Location: forests of WV 
Posted By: TonyTurley, 08-02-2014, 04:11 PM

It may be August 2, but the Dogwoods, Blackberries, and Blackgums think it is Autumn. Dare I say Winter will be here sooner than we think?

Views: 746
08-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice pictures, especially #3…. but I don't even want to hear about autumn!
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice images. I hope it will not be a repeat of last winter.
08-03-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyTurley Quote
It may be August 2, but the Dogwoods, Blackberries, and Blackgums think it is Autumn. Dare I say Winter will be here sooner than we think?
We had our first taste of spring today, here in sunny Queensland - a very nice warm sunny day. About time too as the cold (minimum 8 Deg C) was getting too much for us all.

You may laugh, but you get acclimatised to these semi tropical climates. Anything less than 20 Deg C of an evening and your putting a sweater on when you go outside.

Nice photos and I hope your winter doesn't come too soon or last overly long.

Cheers.

08-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nice pictures, especially #3…. but I don't even want to hear about autumn!
Thanks Jerry. I think our weather is just having an identity crisis . . . wouldn't surprise me to see temps in the 90s (F) in September.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Nice images. I hope it will not be a repeat of last winter.
Thanks. It is too early to tell, but I've been seeing a lot of trees with leaves changing. It could be because we've had a run of unseasonably cool weather.
QuoteOriginally posted by FreeSpirit9 Quote
We had our first taste of spring today, here in sunny Queensland - a very nice warm sunny day. About time too as the cold (minimum 8 Deg C) was getting too much for us all.

You may laugh, but you get acclimatised to these semi tropical climates. Anything less than 20 Deg C of an evening and your putting a sweater on when you go outside.

Nice photos and I hope your winter doesn't come too soon or last overly long.

Cheers.
Thanks. We had gotten used to a long string of mild winters, so last year was particularly difficult for some people. I enjoy Winter, but a lot of people I know hate it.
08-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seasons constantly change to give us variety and life.
08-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Seasons constantly change to give us variety and life.
So true.