Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Men on Sunday morning
Posted By: roentarre, 05-08-2008, 05:38 AM

This is taken by DFA 100mm macro as I got no other lenses attached to my k20d!

Views: 2,536
05-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I am not sure why this image is so appealing to me but somehow it has a real pull for me. I really love it. I don't think it would be quite as successful for me if I couldn't see the legs of the men. Excellent post processing makes this image too.

Thanks for dropping by, LaRee. Probably just because 5 men sitting together doing what we all want to do. I am missing a drink now

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I really like it, tells a story.
When I first saw it I immediately thought of that movie 'The Usual Suspects'
You are right about that. Mindless and casual. Thanks for having a look

05-09-2008, 04:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
I like the photo!

But I'd prefer the distracting lettering to be gone, and a tighter crop on the men themselves. Maintaining a 3:2 aspect works. And the arrow pointing to the bottles gets a heightened effect from being isolated from the rest of the sign. The fact that the top border of the sign is missing helps. And the held cigarette leads into the arrow.

The head beyond the window pops out more for me as well. And yes, I straightened it! Hope you like.
Yeah, definitely. It turns out nicer than it was originally shot Thanks for that touch up. Less distracting and better executed.

Sometimes, it takes a bystander to point the obvious thing out
05-09-2008, 05:14 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Sometimes, it takes a bystander to point the obvious thing out
I always like getting opinions and suggestions on my own shots. Reading the critique of others has really helped me pay attention to things I might never have thought of. Glad you like the crop... though I notice the straightening is still off by a fraction of a degree. Bad me!
05-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

This shot immediately reminded me of "Lunch atop Skyscraper" Lunch atop a Skyscraper [1932] - Famous Photo - World’s famous photos