Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Murky view and sharp reality.
Lens: DA 18-135 WR Camera: K-30 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: pavpen, 08-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Another street shot that caught my attention.
Cheers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pavpen/14612769827/
Views: 842
08-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very artistic approach. Nice colors and composition. The weathered wood adds a great deal to the overall flavor.

Dewman
SW Idaho
08-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Very artistic approach. Nice colors and composition. The weathered wood adds a great deal to the overall flavor.

Dewman
SW Idaho
Thank you Dewman,
08-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Being a writer, I can't get this photo out of my mind. It makes my mind wander, thinking of what type of person lives inside that window. I see a middle-aged spinster, who's only solace is the cat in the window. She has a small, 19" CRT TV with rabbit-ears antenna along an otherwise bare wall where a faded print of Jesus Christ hangs - next to a photo of her parents, long-since past. Her bible rests on a crocheted doily on the small, thin-legged table beside the TV. A well-worn sofa is opposite the TV with several floral-patterened pillows and a garish, knitted throw left unfolded as if recently used. The room smells of rose oil and cat urine and a radio plays Bethoven, softly in the background.

My, how I love photos like this. More, Please!

Dewman
SW Idaho

08-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Being a writer, I can't get this photo out of my mind. It makes my mind wander, thinking of what type of person lives inside that window. I see a middle-aged spinster, who's only solace is the cat in the window. She has a small, 19" CRT TV with rabbit-ears antenna along an otherwise bare wall where a faded print of Jesus Christ hangs - next to a photo of her parents, long-since past. Her bible rests on a crocheted doily on the small, thin-legged table beside the TV. A well-worn sofa is opposite the TV with several floral-patterened pillows and a garish, knitted throw left unfolded as if recently used. The room smells of rose oil and cat urine and a radio plays Bethoven, softly in the background.

My, how I love photos like this. More, Please!

Dewman
SW Idaho
Thank you Dewman. I glad this pic has tickled your imagination.
Cheers.
06-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Another street shot that caught my attention.
Cheers.

P5378m | Murky view on "sharp" reality. | pavel photography | Flickr
I love these cat shots! We call it 'Kitten TV'! hahaha