Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A wild rose for Rose
Lens: DA*300/4 Camera: K5 
Posted By: jpzk, 08-07-2014, 07:11 PM

I just sent this to my daughter for her new "Rose", a fresh new grandchild of ours!
This is a very common type of wild rose which can be found in tons of bushes along the St Lawrence River valley in Québec.
Besides being colourful, they smell very nice too ... embalming the air all around the birding spots where I usually go.

Views: 983
08-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice image. I love the way a long lens can do closeups.
08-08-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice colors and sharpness. The long lenses usually produce some nice bokeh, also. If I may suggest, if you have the uncropped image, show slightly more of the foliage to the right of the flower, so the flower has "somewhere to go," so to speak? It appears as if the leaves to the right have some amazing detail and it might add to the overall feeling. Just a suggestion and it isn't meant to imply that your photo isn't great as is.... just a thought in passing.

Dewman
SW Idaho
08-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice image. I love the way a long lens can do closeups.
My DA*300/4 has served that purpose ever since (years ago) I have discovered that it can do some rather good "close ups".

I am glad you like the picture.

JP

---------- Post added 08-08-14 at 04:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Very nice colors and sharpness. The long lenses usually produce some nice bokeh, also. If I may suggest, if you have the uncropped image, show slightly more of the foliage to the right of the flower, so the flower has "somewhere to go," so to speak? It appears as if the leaves to the right have some amazing detail and it might add to the overall feeling. Just a suggestion and it isn't meant to imply that your photo isn't great as is.... just a thought in passing.

Dewman
SW Idaho
Thanks for your reply, Dewman.

I'll see how much cropping I did with this shot .... as I recall, I was quite close so there might not be much at all to recover.
But, I'll go and check the DNG again.

Good idea by the way. I am always for some sort of positive criticism which can render an image better.

Cheers!

JP