Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Seafair in Seattle
Posted By: nomadkng, 08-09-2014, 04:10 PM

July 31-Aug 3 I was up in Seattle to see my parents and attend Seafair for the first time in over 25 years. Hydroplanes and the Blue Angels made for an awesome Sunday. But before that, I revisited the city I grew up in, this time from a photographer's (and adult's) perspective. It was quite interesting seeing Seattle 25 years removed. It seemed like an entirely different place, not only in it's own evolution, but also because of my own changes in consciousness. In doing some research of places to shoot, I discovered areas I never knew even existed, such as Kerry and Hamilton Parks.

A couple from the weekend follow. I may also have some photos to post later from the Woodland Park Zoo and a trip to Anacortes to see orcas.

Last edited by nomadkng; 08-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Views: 437
08-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very good shots, I would hate to pay their power bill in that first shot!
08-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very good shots, I would hate to pay their power bill in that first shot!
Luckily electricity is cheap in Washington state because of all the hydro-electric generation. its like 1/5th the cost of electricity here in Phoenix. But gas is close to $4 gallon compered to about $3.60 here!