Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Charlene
Posted By: roentarre, 05-09-2008, 04:20 AM

While I took a bit of time off, skipping my HIV lecture in the afternoon. Instead, I took my Fa 43 ltd out, taking a few images of Charlene.

It was a casual walk, nothing special. I took 3 cups of Latte and ended up only 10 shots or so on her! I love caffeine too much.

Then Charlene lost her purse which was a bit of a disaster. A guy snatched it from her bag while we we talking!

Then her mood was all ruined for the day.

Fa 43

Fa 31

Fa 43

Fa 31

Views: 3,789
05-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Great series James, and I too would skip a lecture to do the shoot, just a bit more interesting! I think my fav is the last one, a great sense of the 'feminine mystique' about it.

NaCl(lets see...lecture or go and shoot a beautiful model?...no contest!)H2O
Thanks Salty. It is the idea that I had not done any protriaits for a month or so. Kind of feeling to steer the focus of photography hobby to things other than still-life.

Sometimes, lecture might have a better long lasting impression than an unpredicted encounter with a lady.

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
James... a beautiful subject and some lovely snaps of her! Really, a shame about the purse. I'm always a bit paranoid during a location shoot where there are folks around, since the model often has a big bag with her.... just another thing to be aware of to take the photographer's focus away from the subject.

When going to a very public place, I often don't mind if the model brings along a friend... if only to watch our stuff.

But, back to your captures.... really nice stuff here! I really like the protective vulnerability in the second shot. And, then the following despair in the third. Great job all around!
Good ideas. That might work out better. After viewing your charismatic shoot with a african descent woman, I now want to look for one in Melbourne. Full of lustre and so intense.