Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 new lenses and 4 pictures
Posted By: slowpez, 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM

I just got two new lenses this week and have been practicing with them. I would love to here what you think of them.

The first two were taken with a Pentax FA50 F/1.4

The next two were taken with a Tamron AF70-300 F/4-5.6 DiLD

Thanks for having a look and also for any suggestions you may have for getting lots of use out of my two new toys.

Susan
Views: 1,345
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Nice work with both lenses. Loooove the bokeh on that 50!
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
edl
Veteran Member

Nice photos. On the first shot with the FA50 I'd stop down a little more so you can get a bit more of the flower in focus.

Or maybe you intended to shoot it out of focus, in which case you can ignore my comment

I'm impressed with your shots with the Tammy. I haven't been able to get great results out of mines. I've got to put it on a tripod and give it another go.
05-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote
Nice photos. On the first shot with the FA50 I'd stop down a little more so you can get a bit more of the flower in focus.

Or maybe you intended to shoot it out of focus, in which case you can ignore my comment

I'm impressed with your shots with the Tammy. I haven't been able to get great results out of mines. I've got to put it on a tripod and give it another go.
I've found with my Tammy, don't go above 220mm or you're just asking for softness. That, and get lots of light to get around a F/8.0 aperature or so for the best sharpness.

Today I took a picture at 75mm I think with the Tamron and it was so clear I thought it was my FA50 I was testing -- Surprising results.

Slowpez -- Nice shost, esp. 1. I like the DoF on that one

05-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I am seriously interested in the first pic. The bokeh works quite well there.
05-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edl Quote

Thanks edl. You are right and I wasn't trying to shoot out of focus. For some reason I have trouble remembering to step it down. Newbitis I guess.
The shots with the Tammy were taken without a tripod (again, I was really just playing around to see what would come of the shots).
Thanks all for your kind comments, Susan
05-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
Forum Member

Favorite pic right now is the first one! I think I'm a sucker for composition on the left side