Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How I became a Pentaxian!
Posted By: HHHkumar, 08-26-2014, 03:48 AM

Well,
Journey begins me as a small kid in 90’s, in a birthday party.
A photographer, with a tool in his hand with a big flash on it.
It was the first I had seen anything like that, Apart from a Minolta pocket camera.
I went ahead & asked him about his tool, which he held. He told proudly that it’s a Pentax & it shoots really good photos. I still remember the tone & smile on his face when he boasted about his tool.
Fast forward to present day, me, now a graduate & searching for my first DSLR to get to the next level of photography. For me taking photos is like driving a car, because it requires anticipation, patience & attention. It’s not like one needs a DSLR to be a better photographer, but I was at a stage where I was looking for something which is faster, quicker & takes time to master, I was looking for a tool.
So the search started, reverted back to my room & browsed through various E-commerce sites in India. That’s when I stumbled across Pentax k-500. Pentax, I don’t know what magic that name had done on me, but I was drawn to it. So, found some reviews in process of doing so, found this community which I’m a part of it now.
A timeline was drawn, to visit a few shops & feel the tool by hand, if priced rite then purchase. As I am not a big fan of online commerce, I fancied the good old way. In my home town, I found every kit of Canon & Nikons, but no Pentax. So, found some contacts from them in Bangalore, when enquired only on demand supply was entertained.
Now, I was in a situation where I was offered Nikon & canons but my heart was stuck to a Pentax, Which I haven’t seen in person. Finally asked the shop to get a Pentax for from Bombay & paid.
Many of my friends questioned my logic for deviating away from well established brands & purchasing a Pentax which no knew what to expect from it. Even I’ve wondered what’s making to me to do this.
Finally, the day arrived, went to the shop to collect my tool, Well it was like blind date. I was about to get hold of the Pentax, Which I madly obsessed.
In the very first feel of it, I knew I’ve been right about it!
The the thing which kept me going was that man & his tone, which I can now understand why he said so.
My tool: It’s a Pentax & it shoots really good photos!
-Hemanth!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-500  Photo 

Last edited by HHHkumar; 09-14-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Views: 613
07-01-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HHHkumar Quote
Well,
Journey begins me as a small kid in 90’s, in a birthday party.
A photographer, with a tool in his hand with a big flash on it.
It was the first I had seen anything like that, Apart from a Minolta pocket camera.
I went ahead & asked him about his tool, which he held. He told proudly that it’s a Pentax & it shoots really good photos. I still remember the tone & smile on his face when he boasted about his tool.
Fast forward to present day, me, now a graduate & searching for my first DSLR to get to the next level of photography. For me taking photos is like driving a car, because it requires anticipation, patience & attention. It’s not like one needs a DSLR to be a better photographer, but I was at a stage where I was looking for something which is faster, quicker & takes time to master, I was looking for a tool.
So the search started, reverted back to my room & browsed through various E-commerce sites in India. That’s when I stumbled across Pentax k-500. Pentax, I don’t know what magic that name had done on me, but I was drawn to it. So, found some reviews in process of doing so, found this community which I’m a part of it now.
A timeline was drawn, to visit a few shops & feel the tool by hand, if priced rite then purchase. As I am not a big fan of online commerce, I fancied the good old way. In my home town, I found every kit of Canon & Nikons, but no Pentax. So, found some contacts from them in Bangalore, when enquired only on demand supply was entertained.
Now, I was in a situation where I was offered Nikon & canons but my heart was stuck to a Pentax, Which I haven’t seen in person. Finally asked the shop to get a Pentax for from Bombay & paid.
Many of my friends questioned my logic for deviating away from well established brands & purchasing a Pentax which no knew what to expect from it. Even I’ve wondered what’s making to me to do this.
Finally, the day arrived, went to the shop to collect my tool, Well it was like blind date. I was about to get hold of the Pentax, Which I madly obsessed.
In the very first feel of it, I knew I’ve been right about it!
The the thing which kept me going was that man & his tone, which I can now understand why he said so.
My tool: It’s a Pentax & it shoots really good photos!
-Hemanth!
Nice shot! Great waterdrops Nice composition!! Good one!