Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
50mm Lens Giveaway Contest
Posted By: RachelDutch, 08-26-2014, 06:08 AM

My name is Rachel. I am a stay at home mom, a wife, a volunteer soccer coach, and a photographer. I have a love for photography that is growing to new heights and I give myself permission to be the photographer I really dream of being.
Last September, I bought my very first DLSR and went with Pentax. I was able to scrape money together, and was blessed to have some family and friends chip in, to get the K-5II with a kit lens, one other lens- a 24-70mm. Since then I have only acquired a film era telephoto lens. We are on a tight budget, and lenses just aren't doable right now.
I started an amateur photography ministry to take photos for my friends and family who could not afford high end photographers, or picture packages from photo companies. I have blessed many financially struggling families with photos.
On the 4th of July, I did a mini shoot for my friend Gabe. It wasn't fantastic, the lighting wasn't great- but it was a beautiful photo of her, her fiance, and her 11 month old son.
She died on Friday.
The photos from that shoot are the last photos her family has of her, and they are the only ones they have that were not taken with a cell phone.
Photographs are important, and I desire to continue to bless people by capturing beautiful memories for them, without breaking their bank or throwing them into debt.
Thank you for considering my submission.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Views: 627
09-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ok the face on the little one is priceless!!