Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
16 Likes  #1
my poor kx
Posted By: ghiaauto, 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM

I'm Ghia and here is my kxís story. I got my kx as my first DSLR camera from my grandmother when I was 23 in 2010; my Mom is a big fan of it. She has been using only for all her life and recommended it to me. I have been using it and I really like it. But then everything changed, in March this year I went to the Gold Coast with my friends and we were taking photo on the beach with tripod; suddenly, a big wave came and knocked the tripod and my kx down to the seawater. At that moment my friend was taking me a picture; so he unintentionally let go off the tripod to protect himself from the wave and it then killed my loved kx. I didnít blame him because it was an accident and I know him; he is one of my best friends. He offered me money but I couldnít take it. I sent my kx to the Pentax and they said that it will cost $1000 to fix it which is not worth it. My grandmother paid around 900 for it. I decided not fix it at this time because there are many better new models but I still want to get it fixed and make it become alive again because it was the last gift from my grandmother before she passed away last year.

I'm doing a part-time job at the moment to buy a new k3 and also looking for a new portrait lens since my old Pentax SMC 55mm F1.8 broke too.

It will be wonderful for me If I can get this 50mm I can save money to buy something else like a grip or other lens.

Thank you

Rest in Peace my 55mm f1.8

Views: 1,734
09-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #2

Original Poster
It's ok if you don't vote for me but at least say something if you have come and read the paragraph.
09-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
funny photograph .. also it looks *almost* like shoot on film - serious if there was a touch of grain more I would never distinguish from this size of photo whether it was shoot on portra or digital. I think your post processing here is nicely done !
09-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sad for your loss

I'm sad for your loss. I recently picked up a new K50 with the 18-135 lens - this is a Weather Resistant combination that you might like. The cost is much lower than the K3 and might be a "tide you over" camera until you can get a K3 and a Limited Lens combo going.

The downside is that my K50 has already experienced problems (under warranty) and I am currently waiting for it to get repaired.

I like your photo - it's quite deceptive - I didn't notice the person was hanging in the air at first!

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
09-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I very much like this shot. The pp you did pleases me a lot. Funny because I can see some blown highlights, some busy bokeh, and yet, all together, it makes for a moody and excellent picture that I want to watch "just another time" over and over again, like I was trying to figure out something.
Good work and good luck.
09-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for all of you. The man floating in the picture is me! I was trying to take some levitating shots.

I am about to get enough money to buy a k3 i'm so excited
09-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ghiaauto Quote
Thanks for all of you. The man floating in the picture is me! I was trying to take some levitating shots.

I am about to get enough money to buy a k3 i'm so excited
Awesome!
09-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #8

Even though I'm entering this 50mm contest too, I couldn't help but press the like button. The timing and colours are just awesome!

09-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alwaysjerricky Quote
Even though I'm entering this 50mm contest too, I couldn't help but press the like button. The timing and colours are just awesome!
Thank you
09-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #10

It looks very natural. You can tell there's something subtly odd about the scene, but you have to search for the source of it. The texture of light on the train really catches my eye, sweeping down as he rises, as though he's somehow pushing off from it. Great colours and light throughout. Dreamy and ambiguous.

I'm entered in the contest too, but I just had to vote for you. Do you have a website?
09-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thank you for those who voted for me and those who left some comments in this thread. I'm glad that I joined this activity.

---------- Post added 09-23-14 at 03:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by azuring Quote
It looks very natural. You can tell there's something subtly odd about the scene, but you have to search for the source of it. The texture of light on the train really catches my eye, sweeping down as he rises, as though he's somehow pushing off from it. Great colours and light throughout. Dreamy and ambiguous.

I'm entered in the contest too, but I just had to vote for you. Do you have a website?

Thanks for the vote

Unfortunately I don't have a particular website for presenting my pictures. I only upload them on my Facebook and share them with my friends, but we can share the experience about taking photo through Facebook or this forum.
09-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by alwaysjerricky Quote
I did the same as alwaysjerricky. I participated in the conquest and decided to make 1 vote on my favourite. Sadly my choice came second. Cheers
09-25-2014, 01:38 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Interesting shot! Really looked like film! Where is this shot taken btw?
09-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Interesting shot! Really looked like film! Where is this shot taken btw?
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Nak Tok train station to be exact.