Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
my reasons for 50mm :)
Posted By: olegp, 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM

Greetings to all!

Really want to try this lens with my dachshunds. The fact that my wife and me have been breeding longhaired dachshunds. And as you know, dachshund muzzle is perfect DOF tester... bulldog face is not suitable for this at all
Well, of course I want to see how my wife looks at the qualitative portrait. We have been together for 18 years, and I do not understand why we are still together. I think that DA 50 will help me to figure it out
But seriously, I want to evaluate myself as a photographer limiting to a fixed focal length for two weeks or two months or for ever . This lens is ideal for this purpose because it has view angle, like the human eye. And it would be very useful in my small home studio.

PS. Currently I own Pentax K-30 camera purchased on last Christmas. I undertake to return the lens when it becomes clear to me that the photographer will come out of me

Thank you for your patience in reading this
Oh, I almost forgot... our dachshunds

Attached Images

Last edited by olegp; 08-31-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: some corrections made
Views: 1,188
07-09-2018, 07:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by olegp Quote
Greetings to all!

Really want to try this lens with my dachshunds. The fact that my wife and me have been breeding longhaired dachshunds. And as you know, dachshund muzzle is perfect DOF tester... bulldog face is not suitable for this at all
Well, of course I want to see how my wife looks at the qualitative portrait. We have been together for 18 years, and I do not understand why we are still together. I think that DA 50 will help me to figure it out
But seriously, I want to evaluate myself as a photographer limiting to a fixed focal length for two weeks or two months or for ever . This lens is ideal for this purpose because it has view angle, like the human eye. And it would be very useful in my small home studio.

PS. Currently I own Pentax K-30 camera purchased on last Christmas. I undertake to return the lens when it becomes clear to me that the photographer will come out of me

Photographer must be a master dog handler to get them to sit still for this. Great shot!
07-09-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They look like a trio getting ready to sing
07-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Love the shot.
My Fuji GSW690III is a fixed lens camera. I shoot it the most of all my cameras these last few years. I find it surprising how much you can do with one lens.

07-09-2018, 07:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Love the shot.
My Fuji GSW690III is a fixed lens camera. I shoot it the most of all my cameras these last few years. I find it surprising how much you can do with one lens.
I used a rangefinder camera for ten years before I got my SLR - we did that sort of thing constantly.
08-19-2018, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Greetings to all!

"'Pageant Protest' - how dare you pick a winner, we're all beautiful!"
08-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
A daft question if I may... why are they all leaning to the right?

08-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
They appear to be leaning to their Left KD.
08-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Interesting...you couldn't get my border collies to stand shoulder to shoulder like that to save your life.
08-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
They appear to be leaning to their Left KD.
Aye their left... my right in this image.
08-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
you couldn't get my border collies to stand shoulder to shoulder like that to save your life
But how about the lean?
08-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Wonderful photograph of the doggies. I also like the 'lean'...it's as if they're in a motorcycle sidecar and that motorcycle combination is going around a corner at speed.
08-19-2018, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's really too bad none of us noticed this photo when olegp posted it almost 4 years ago, it's a remarkable photo. Olegp hasn't posted on this forum since January of this year, which is also too bad, he has many other excellent photos of dachshunds and cats.
08-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #14

Lovely photo and lovely "models"!
08-20-2018, 11:39 AM - 3 Likes   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Four years...
Sorry... really don't remember
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Olegp hasn't posted on this forum since January of this year, which is also too bad, he has many other excellent photos of dachshunds and cats.
I'll try to change it... today