'Hidden Away'

EXIF
Camera: Pentax K100D
Lens: Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.5-5.6 DC
Shutter Speed: 15 seconds
Aperture: f/19
ISO: 200

DESCRIPTION
Let me first start by saying I had never heard of this site until someone on Flickr suggested entering the Pentax K-3 contest. Since joining, this site has helped out in more ways than one. As PentaxForums is entirely dedicated to everything Pentax related, I was able to search each piece of photography gear I own and read reviews made by members. Also the criticism and friendliness from admin/members here at PF can be far better than any other photography site or forum.(Take these comps for example)

I bought my first DSLR around July-August last year (first upload to Flickr from that camera was 30th August). After a lot of research on good starting cameras, I ended up buying a Pentax K100D with both a SIGMA 18-125mm 1:3.5-5.6 DC, and a SIGMA 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL, on EBay for around $200-$300. Since then I am still shooting with the K100D and mainly the SIGMA 18-125mm. I have purchased cheap accessories such as shutter cables and remotes, lens filters ect, but have not yet upgraded the body or purchased another lens due to lack of money (typical excuse haha).

Now I’m not saying no one here deserves this lens, but for me there is a difference between ‘deserving’ and ‘wanting’. The reason I would love this lens is simply because who wouldn’t want a free lens that they don’t own? It would be great to finally try out different shots that aren’t possible with the lenses I have. I read up about 50mm’s a while ago and it seems it’s a lens every photographer should own at least one of.

Cheers!
Jordan

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 

Views: 726
07-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jordan217 Quote
TITLE
'Hidden Away'

EXIF

DESCRIPTION
Let me first start by saying I had never heard of this site until someone on Flickr suggested entering the Pentax K-3 contest. Since joining, this site has helped out in more ways than one. As PentaxForums is entirely dedicated to everything Pentax related, I was able to search each piece of photography gear I own and read reviews made by members. Also the criticism and friendliness from admin/members here at PF can be far better than any other photography site or forum.(Take these comps for example)

I bought my first DSLR around July-August last year (first upload to Flickr from that camera was 30th August). After a lot of research on good starting cameras, I ended up buying a Pentax K100D with both a SIGMA 18-125mm 1:3.5-5.6 DC, and a SIGMA 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL, on EBay for around $200-$300. Since then I am still shooting with the K100D and mainly the SIGMA 18-125mm. I have purchased cheap accessories such as shutter cables and remotes, lens filters ect, but have not yet upgraded the body or purchased another lens due to lack of money (typical excuse haha).

Now I’m not saying no one here deserves this lens, but for me there is a difference between ‘deserving’ and ‘wanting’. The reason I would love this lens is simply because who wouldn’t want a free lens that they don’t own? It would be great to finally try out different shots that aren’t possible with the lenses I have. I read up about 50mm’s a while ago and it seems it’s a lens every photographer should own at least one of.

Cheers!
Jordan
really nice shot! well done!
07-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jordan217 Quote
TITLE
'Hidden Away'

EXIF

DESCRIPTION

Cheers!
Jordan
Tranquil.