Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Why I would love to win a 50mm lens
Posted By: JosieC, 08-27-2014, 08:45 AM

Hello fellow Pentax(ians),

I have been using Pentax for a bit now, as a matter of fact I have a red (camera) best friend I call "Shiny". I love Shiny, with Shiny I am never ever alone. I can always see things differently through Shiny's "eyes". I frequently utilize the macro setting because I am intrigued by the simple things in life. Turning a nail head into art is fascinating and rewarding to me.

What I am realizing is that I may be doing myself a disservice by utilizing a telephoto lens constantly and shooting in macro and manual because I may be missing out on an entire (wider) view of the world. As a matter of fact after some research I am indeed missing out on a wider view of the world. There is a whole lot going on when you look through a 50mm lens wide open. I had no idea how much I was missing out on. Now, now I need in on this sweet action. I need to retrain my eye to open wider, to look further, to look beyond the nail that fascinates me and look to the tall trees and the open fields of flowers I have been blind to. I need to experience more. The only way to do that with a camera is a wide angle lens.

This little diddy of contest would give me the opportunity (the lens) to further my horizons, pun intentional. I would be ever so humbled and over the moon excited if you picked me to be the recipient of a new way to view the world!

Thanks for your consideration,
Josie Castelli

Last edited by JosieC; 08-27-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: I need to add a photo :(
Views: 650
08-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No photo here. Did you forget to attach it?

Please read the rules for this contest, as copy work only counts for part of the contest:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/183-50mm-lens-giveaway/announcement-50mm-...tructions.html
08-27-2014, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
oh no! Thanks so much for the heads up, let me try this again.

"cry"
Attached Images

Last edited by JosieC; 08-27-2014 at 01:00 PM.