Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Infrared - First Try
Lens: DA 18-55 kit lens Camera: K-x Photo Location: University of Southern Mississippi ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: willskywalker93, 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM

This was my first try at Infrared photography. My Hoya R72 came in this evening and these were taken about 30 minutes later. The sun wasn't out very bright, so I am pleased with these results as a first timer. I was pretty annoyed when I got back to my dorm to realize that my camera had been switched to JPEG instead of RAW and I did not catch it before shooting, but oh well, a few came out soft focus, so not I have an excuse to redo them in RAW.

This one is after PP:

Here is its original straight off the camera:

And I liked this one because of the clouds:

Views: 763
08-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Interesting... I'm never quite sure what to make of this IR malarky.
08-27-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll take another tomorrow without the filter for comparison. I quite like it as a hobbyist, but then again I only bought me first camera in June of this year, so my tastes are still developing.