Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
50mm Lens Giveaway Entry
Posted By: DaveNC, 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM

First, I'd like to thank Larry (crewl1) for this generous offer! Since I've been on the Pentax Forums I've found everyone here to be a great help to newbies like me.

Here's my story:

My wife, Lisa has always expressed an interest in photography and has taken some great shots with our old point & shoot camera, but wanted a DSLR. Our daughter gave her an istDL that she had stored away for a couple of years after she bought a newer camera, but when we got it home it didn't work due to a bad sensor.

Seeing my wife's disappointment, I set out to find her a camera and to me, it looked like another Pentax was the best value, especially since we already had two lenses that came with the istDL. I found a good deal on a lightly used K10D at Adorama and bought it for her.

It turns out that I've also become interested in photography, and started buying all sorts of things that we "need", to the point that my wife told me that "I'm" spending an awful lot of money on "her" hobby! But we have a new granddaughter (our first) so I want to be sure to capture all the memories that come with that.

I've been looking at 50mm lenses, but haven't purchased one until things cool down a little with Lisa, so this offer comes at a great time for me.

And to seal the deal, here's my 1-year old granddaughter, captured with our K10D. She would really like for her grandpa to win this lens. How can you turn down a face like this?

Thanks again for the giveaway, and for your consideration.

Edit: I just realized the winner will be announced September 22. Well, that's my wife's birthday (really), and since I'm trying to win this for her, it would make a great birthday present!

Dave

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by DaveNC; 08-30-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Add birthday info
Views: 534