Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Love and satisfaction
Posted By: rakeshou, 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM

Finally it dawned on me and I sold my Canon T4i kit and made a switch to Pentax K5-IIs and later to K3. I am a hobbyist-photographer, and believe that photography is an art and takes times and effort to perfect. I have been relentlessly reading books on photography and practicing the techniques described therein at the same time. I can see continuous improvement in my composition, exposure, framing, focusing, DOF etc. I find myself lucky to have an adorable seven months old daughter, who is always ready to model for me even when she is sleeping. I take a tons of pictures of her every day. She makes me work hard on my photography skills as she never sits still when she is awake. Most of the shots are indoors and therefore require a fast lens. A fast 50mm f/1.8 autofocus prime lens will be perfect for capturing moments of my baby with extreme clarity and blurry backgrounds.
Few days ago, I was randomly shooting pictures with my K3 and Rokinon 85mm 1.4 when I saw my wife with her eyes closed holding our baby girl, whose eyes were wide open as those of an explorer. She appeared so calm and content and I HAD to capture the moment. I silently stepped away from them and tried my best to focus manually at f/1.4 and pressed the button. I am very happy that I could capture the love and bond between them. I hereby submit this photograph for “50mm Lens Giveaway” and will be thrilled to win this lens, which I will use to take photographs of our growing baby for many years to come.

Thanks for the consideration.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 507