Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Remembering John Ford
Posted By: Bob Harris, 08-28-2014, 12:50 AM

I'm not sure if Monument Valley made John Ford a star or if John Ford made Monument Valley popular, but either way when I saw this scene it reminded me of all the great Westerns I've enjoyed over the years

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,986
08-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Magnificent. Please share your processing workflow. The colors are amazing. The light at that hour is usually not ideal but man-o-man you found some magic in it.
you know, I really didn't do anything special on this shot. We had walked around and visited the museum and I sat down on a bench and looked over the landscape and this scene just jumped out at me. There were passing clouds and when they parted a bit the landscape just seemed to glow. I just clicked on one step photo fix in Corel which lightened the image a little. I think this is one of those right place, right time photos. I think it is all about the light more than anything.

08-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bob that is a classic! Hang it up!
08-30-2014, 04:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I'm not sure if Monument Valley made John Ford a star or if John Ford made Monument Valley popular, but either way when I saw this scene it reminded me of all the great Westerns I've enjoyed over the years
Nice shoot !
08-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
thanks Kyle, have you visited here?
I never made it up that way :-(

08-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Bob that is a classic! Hang it up!
thanks Jerry, "hang it up" is what my wife tells me when I'm tired, so I take a nap.

---------- Post added 08-31-14 at 01:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Nice shoot !
thanks so much for the kind words.

---------- Post added 08-31-14 at 01:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I never made it up that way :-(
you'll have to Kyle, you will be amazed to view Monument Valley and there are several other close by areas to visit also. If you have any questions on where to stay or areas to visit, let me know.