Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
In pursuit of a better photograph
Posted By: tyrone, 08-30-2014, 09:59 AM

I am 63 years old(almost 64) , retired(have COPD can't really work), living on very meager pension. i have much spare time on my hands and have started to spend much more time taking pictures than ever before especially now that I have A Pentax DSLR ,shooting RAW and using my laptop to process my photography. I have owned Pentax cameras since the early 70's. A SP1000 bought new and a Pentax MX bought used, as well as a Pentax W90 point shoot, which has since given up the ghost when used in salt water by my son in law. I bought the Pentax K-50 at Christmas last year as a present to myself, body and kit lens DAL18-55mm. I bought Pentax K-50 so i could use my bayonet mount lens I have from the 70's ,as i have to maintain a very strict budget, (it would take me quite awhile to save enough for a new lens). I'm getting older and fine that sometimes when trying to manually focus my older prime lens it takes a little longer due to my eye sight and I miss shots that i would have got 20 years ago. I think that a DA50 1.8 would go along way to me getting that better shot, and making my photography worth sharing with the whole world. This picture of the woodpecker is taken with the Pentax K-50 and Pentax M 1:4 200mm lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Last edited by tyrone; 08-30-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: correct typo's
Views: 514