Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Church Photo - Updated
Posted By: NLAlston, 01-23-2007, 02:13 AM

I couldn't sleep, and went out (just a few moments ago) to try my hand at some night shots. My focus was on playing around with settings, without flash, to see how I would fare with my captures. I wasn't really going for 'composition' (indeed, there are a number of visual distractions in this uploaded photo, such as the firebox in the forefront, as well as the right-side building) but for lighting, mainly.

I converted it to B/W, as well as giving it a one-step sharpening in Picasa, and would like to know what you think of it.

Last edited by NLAlston; 07-09-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Views: 2,099
01-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reknelb Quote
I find myself erasing alot of images for fear I'll use too much memory on the computer.
Yeah...that's me, too .

01-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like it. I'm wondering what the original looked like. I'm north of buffalo near Lockport.

Reknelb,

I just happened across a copy of the original shot, that I had saved in another folder (and had totally forgotten about) just a moment ago. The photo was too large for uploading, and an attempt at cropping it, some, still left the pic too big for posting. So, I played around (in Photoshop) with downsizing it, and hope that it shows large enough for viewing. But, anyway, here it is:

Last edited by NLAlston; 03-30-2007 at 11:03 AM.
01-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like it. I'm wondering what the original looked like. I'm north of buffalo near Lockport.
Reknelb,

I just happened across a copy of the original shot, that I had saved in another folder (and had totally forgotten about) just a moment ago. The photo was too large for uploading, and an attempt at cropping it, some, still left the pic too big for posting. So, I played around (in Photoshop) with downsizing it, and hope that it shows large enough for viewing. But, anyway, here it is:

01-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I happened to find the original (though cropped, a little). I thought that I had done away with it. Here it is:

01-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A great shot, Nathan - the B&W conversion looks really cool (literally and figuratively). Looks like you've got the touch for night shots (wish I could say the same about me).

Jerry