Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Why I deserve the Pentax 50
Posted By: Styx1284, 08-31-2014, 05:51 AM

Hello all,
I feel like I deserve the Pentax 50 because in the short months since I bought my K-30, I rediscovered the world around me.
I was a professional dancer for more than a decade, but life led me away from it a couple years ago. After a few months where I couldn't dance anymore, I felt very depressed without being able to know why.
But these last holidays, I was gifted enough money and I bought my camera because I always loved photography, but only through the images I saw from my numerous photographer friends. And Pentax seemed like the ultimate Bang for your buck. I started learning the basics and practicing my photographer's eye.
And then 1 day, it just clicked. I was not depressed anymore, I was excited. I wondered why. And then I understood...Photography had helped me reconnect with the part of me that needed to express itself, that needed to say something. Since I couldn't dance anymore, I couldn't push out all I used to say with my body. My mind was gagged. But then this little Pentax brought me back to life. And because it's not a camera anybody around me has like the Canikon, I feel unique with it and it helps. I will never put it down.

[Picture: Canoe by the lake]

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 593
08-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a lovely scene despite the fact that the lighting seems to be against you.
08-30-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice photo and a great story! I am sure you will find that most of us at PF relate to it and have similar feelings about being Pentax users.