Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Sudden rain
Posted By: flaviopetrone, 09-01-2014, 04:28 AM

One of my first shoots.
Criticism and suggestions are always welcome, feel free to say everything. I'm just a beginner.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 1,533
09-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mole Quote
it's obvious you have talent and are skilled in creating an image full of emotion...
What a big compliment! Thank you very much! I hope that you are right, we will see!

---------- Post added 09-03-14 at 01:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
I tend to find I am the worst critic of my own pictures, while is probably why I constantly strive to do better. There is lot of good reading out there Flavio, just doing a goolge search on a single topic can come up with some good information so if you are still learning try setting up a shot and playing with the settings. Several similar images should show the difference between a narrow and wide depth of field, or a fast or slow shutter speed, and al the combination inbetween! Try searching for the "triangle" of shutter speed, f-stop and ISO and the effects it can have
I am very critic about myself too, it is part of myself in everything I do. That's the reason for which I am posting my pics here asking for opinions, because I need to compare them with mine.
I am really appreciating all the comments. I am studying a lot, using some books and Google. What is a little bit difficult is to associate the theory with the final effect over the picture.
Thank you.

09-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Although the cropped version definitely has less distraction, as Flavio said, it looses something in the ratio. A portrait composition would have been preferable to landscape, but I understand the problems involved. Still, a very good capture.

Dewman
SW Idaho
09-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Although the cropped version definitely has less distraction, as Flavio said, it looses something in the ratio. A portrait composition would have been preferable to landscape, but I understand the problems involved. Still, a very good capture.

Dewman
SW Idaho
Thank you Dewman!
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I looked at your album and enjoyed your work. Very nice composition on all of them. I especially liked the yarn in the basket. Very nice indeed!

Dewman
SW Idaho

09-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I looked at your album and enjoyed your work. Very nice composition on all of them. I especially liked the yarn in the basket. Very nice indeed!

Dewman
SW Idaho
Thank you! Those pictures that I have posted in the album are some of the pictures I like. There are few more that I will post later. Anyway, you are really very kind!