Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
The right tool.
Posted By: MiltonC, 09-02-2014, 11:09 AM

Pentaxforums invitation I have recently received, caught me right in my crusade for the perfect lens, one that could make me forget about equipment and just take pictures.
It is not that I stop taking pictures, but aren’t you bother by having to consider a lens for every occasion, increasing your concern for lens and sensor dirt and camera bag weight, not to mention cost?
Yes that is my case. I know a zoom could do the job, unfortunately decent ones are out of my reach.
But don’t think I'm not happy with the lenses I own: the marvel Fujinon 55mm Macro with infinity issues, the sharp Takumar 200mm f4 fixed at F8 and a PENTAX-DA L 18-55mm that came with my K-01, but some days ago I went to an art exhibition with some friends and took the zoom, after long time without using it, ahhh, what a pleasure, versatile, super light and autofocus.
That was the trigger that make me check for the (nonexistent) perfect lens, having in mind quality, versatility, lightness and budget. The aim is using just one lens for any occasion. It will force creativity through restrictions but that is a condition I’m familiar to. So I limited my search to 50mm and 135mm, they are cheap and it’s hard to find a bad example.
But don’t take me wrong I’m not an equipment freak or a thrifty guy, but in this particular economics and working period of my life, I need less worries and more fun.
Photography makes me forget for a while reality to lead me to a world where aesthetics prevails, where balance and harmony are achievable goals just as far as a click away. Because there is nothing like creating beauty and nothing more frustrating than not having the right tool.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Views: 537