Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
From 8 point buck to 8 inch...
Posted By: Tom Lusk, 09-27-2006, 02:07 PM

SNAKE

My first macro attempt. Taken with my K100 and an old Takumar 4/50 Super Macro lens. Lighting was poor, but I'm fairly pleased with the results. Some of those old lenses are definitely worth holding on to.

For those into snakes- ANYONE??? - this is a headshot of a Little Brown Snake I found today on an island near my house. Little teeny suckers!
Views: 2,229
09-28-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Tom, I think that's an excellent excellent shot - great catch.

Not being familiar with snakes I am a little afraid of 'em ok not a little but a lot. Anyway, how close were you to this guy?

Composition IMO is good, it leads me to the head, but wonder whether anyone could suggest a 'better' crop.
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice little snake! I found this garter snake on an ocean beach, probably sunning itself and eating the odd spider. DL + Tamron 28mm, which is what I happened to have on at the time. Not really appropriate! At least it focuses pretty close - I was down on my elbows inching closer and closer. The snake didn't know what to make of me! This is a crop, obviously. The snake was 35 - 40 cm long. I wish I'd got a good one with it flicking its tongue!

Last edited by foxglove; 11-09-2007 at 10:24 AM.