Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro Interrupted
Lens: SMC-A 50mm macro Camera: K-500 
Posted By: sabreuse, 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM

To set up this little story: I finally made the DSLR leap a whole 4 days ago, and I'm making an effort to shoot a lot of different styles, lenses, exposures, subjects, every day while I get to know the new toy. I don't normally shoot proper macro, but I have one manual macro lens that I adore, so today's challenge was to pair it with the new body and see what I could do with it. I found a bit of dried-up wasp's nest in the driveway on my way into the house, and I figured that with all the different textures and angles, not to mention its total lack of any desire to run away, it was a perfect subject to play at macro with.

I have no studio lights, but rigging up a white paper backdrop lit by my desk lamp seemed to fit with the spirit of playing with what I have to see what my new camera can do.

I have to say, I'm always impressed with what that 50mm macro can do:

However, I didn't count on having a studio assistant:

Views: 569
09-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #2

lol, i like the last pic