Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
AuSable River Scenic Panorama
Lens: Pentax-DA 40mm XS Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Michigan ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: OnTheWeb, 09-03-2014, 09:07 PM

This is a 9-shot panorama I stitched together of a scenic area of the Ausable River in Michigan. This is east of Rose City.

These were shot in RAW, corrected in DXO with automatic lens correction and highlight priority and lens softness correction, then stitched together.

Views: 590
09-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice, OTW. A lot of work but well worth the effort. Way back in the day, I once stood on a mountain top with my Spotmatic, and took successive shots until I had gone the complete 360 degrees, slightly overlapping each shot. After I had them processed, I "stitched" the prints together and Scotch taped them to the inside of a very large lamp shade. You could put your head inside and turn around and voila! A panorama that was the rage among my hunting buddies for a while!

Dewman
SW Idaho